Search

2018-04-12

Heidi: Todos Los Episodios (en Espanol)



In the United States, Isao Takahata is best remembered for his Studio Ghibli movies, including Grave of the Fireflies and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya. In Europe and Latin America, however, he is remembered for Heidi, the landmark 1974 animated series that became a household name to children all around the world. The series has been shown in over thirty countries and translated into twenty different languages.

Here is the Spanish-language version of Heidi, all 52 episodes complete and uncut. Since half of our household is Colombian, these videos will be most welcome.

I really like the rich color saturation in these video transfers. It looks like it was translated directly from 35mm film, which is how the series was originally shot. Yes, there is a lot of color bleed and fuzzy NTSC resolution, but this only adds to the warmth and nostalgia. The Spanish-language dub is also quite excellent, much better than I expected. I might have to stop watching episodes of my fan-translated copy (using video sourced from the Japanese Blu-Ray) and start watching this instead.

Enjoy Heidi todos los episodios en Espanol! Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I have a rather niche question but I think this is the best place to ask it: do you happen to know what Takahata's favourite books were? I am eager to read the stories that inspired him and his deeply, deeply moving films. I am tired of stories that fail to engage my heart. I need something amazing!

Chris Sobieniak said...

Impressed if these are "official" releases of the Spanish version of the show. Too bad the episodes themselves don't appear to have the Opening/Closing songs it seems, though I think in Spain (where I think this dub originates from), they left the songs alone in Japanese, while the Latin American version (a different dub altogether) created their own dubbed versions of the tunes).

Found the company that appears to be distributing these.
http://www.planeta-junior.com/English/companyaPlanetaJunior_en.php

They appear to have a few other shows available on YT including Marco (3000 Leagues in Search of Mother), Vicky the Viking, Maya the Bee and others (all in Spanish of course).

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover